Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Night #1 no Paci (pacifier)

MY MOMMY IS MEAN. MY MOMMY IS MEAN. MY MOMMY IS MEAN. MY MOMMY IS MEAN.

Mommy has taken over the blog:
I have finally mustered up the guts to wean ella from her pacifier and it has been extremely difficult. If any of you mommies have strong willed children, you can appreciate this entry. After researching different methods, I decided upon the cut down method, thinking that she wouldn't become so mad at me. Well, guess that didn't work because she is plenty upset. The cut down method is when you gradually cut off more and more off the pacifier until there is nothing to suck. The idea is that they feel that getting rid of it is their idea.

Monday, I cut the tip of the pacifier off.

Tuesday, I cut a little more off. Took an hour of screaming bloody murder for her to finally go to sleep. That is with me going in every ten minutes to reassure her that mommy was close by.

Tonight, I rocked her for 30 minutes, placed her in her bed and listened to her cry for about fifteen minutes. Oh, and she threw her pacifier at the door. Wouldn't want to skip that lovely detail.

With that said, I have had a rough few nights. I sure hope that was the worst part. Ella, you will appreciate knowing this one day......
 
Copyright 2010 The Petersen Girls. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase